Saturday, April 14, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Muffins






Apple and cinnamon is a perfect combination. I never get bored of baking something with apples. These muffins came out wonderfully and when I tasted them I had no doubts that this recipe has to be written down. 

makes about 16.

290g flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
250g sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
70 ml oil
100 ml milk
6 small (~3 cups) apples, chopped
3 tsp cinnamon + 5 tsp sugar
More sugar and cinnamon to sprinkle

1) Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and vanilla.

2) In another bowl, beat the eggs. Pour in the oil and milk. Mix well.

3) Chop the apples and mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Coat apples with cinnamon-sugar mixture.

4) Start adding dry ingredients to the wet. Add in the apples (leave some for topping).

5)  Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners and sprinkle bottoms with cinnamon and sugar. Add 1-2 tablespoons of mixture (or more if you like super large muffins as I do) and put some chopped apples on top and sprinkle with more cinnamon-sugar.

6) Bake in a preheated (180C) oven for... hmm (I dont actually remember the time :D) However, I baked them a little bit longer than usual cupcakes, I think that was about 25-35 minutes. The best way to check if they are already baked and what I always do is to insert a skewer and if it comes out clean - they are done.


3 comments:

  1. These look super good. will try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 250 grams of sugar? Here is the conversion from grams to tsp. 4 grams = 1 tsp
    I love apple cinnamon muffins, but I try to substitute the oil for unsweetened apple sauce and the sugar for honey. I know sugar is sugar but at least honey has important enzymes and some nutrients.

    Do you use whole wheat, quinoa, wild rice or any of the other gluten free flours?

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh of course honey and applesauce are better than sugar and oil, but... I can't resist eating not so healthy desserts :p Actually I bake with honey and applesauce too and especially like applesauce.
      I rarely use gluten free flours but I really like whole wheat. For these muffins I used all purpose flour but I believe substitutions here are possible!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...