Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cinnamon Coffee Cake



I can't help myself but I love eating cake for breakfast. A slice of soft, moist and cinnamony coffee cake with a cup of strong coffee - that's all I need. This makes my mornings perfect. This coffee cake came out really delicious - just as I expected. Sour cream makes it amazingly moist. And those swirls of cinnamon! Perfection.

Recipe adapted from here.

Cake:
115g (1 stick) butter, room temperature
225g (1 cup) sugar
2 eggs
250g (2 cups) flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
340g (12 oz) sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Topping:
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
     
     
1) Cream together butter and sugar.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

2) In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

3) Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream and vanilla.  Mix until combined.

4) Pour half of the batter into a greased 9″x13″ baking pan, and sprinkle with half of the topping.  Add the remainder of the batter on top, and sprinkle with the remaining topping. 

5) Bake at 180C (350F) for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, sour cream always helps to make a great cake!!

    Even if I can make first your coffee syrup cake (the texture was amazing), I save also this recipe, it's not only the sour cream, I love that cinnamon swirl!!

    And if it comes from Gimme some oven, and for a lover person who says only needs a good cake for a perfect morning, it has to be true that the recipe is ok ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you made coffee syrup cake! I'm so glad you liked it :D I hope you'll like this too. Recently I like baking with sour cream. It makes a perfect texture ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...