Friday, April 27, 2012

Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies




Finally I found the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe! These are unbelievably thick and chewy. What I like most is the addition of oats and the browned butter. I made some changes in the recipe for example I used quick oats instead of rolled oats. Anyway, these were very delicious and I'm sure I'll keep using this recipe again and again. However, If you prefer more crispy and thinner cookies, try these - they are delicious too! 

Recipe found here.

makes about 15-18 cookies (I got more!!)
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cups rolled oats (I used quick oats)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (I added 1/2 tsp)
1 cup chocolate chunks
optional: 1- 2 tablespoons milk, if dough is crumbly

Heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat and add butter. Whisking constantly, cook butter until bubbly and until small brown bits appear on the bottom of the pan – about 5-6 minutes. Immediately remove the butter from the heat, whisking for an additional 30 seconds. Set aside and let cool.
In a bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, oats and cinnamon, mixing, then set aside.
Once butter has cooled, add to a large bowl. Whisk in sugars, stirring until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla, whisking until smooth once again. Slowly begin to stir in dry ingredients, using your hands if necessary to bring dough together. If you find that the dough still won’t come together, add in milk 1 tablespoon at a time. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Using an ice cream scoop or your hands, form dough into 4cm balls. Place about 5cm apart on a nonstick baking sheet, then bake for 10-12 minutes, or until bottoms and edges are golden. Let cool before serving.


3 comments:

  1. Even if I can eat one thick&chewy batch myself in an evening (!!), I prefer the crispy and thinner, like those of the other day.

    But I also love using oats in cookies (sometimes, as you I used quick cos I didn't have other), so I wouldn't say "no" for one of these ;)

    And again, you're so cruel with the melted chocolate in the photo :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you've mentioned that you like thin ones but I wish you would taste these!! They're my absolute favourites. And that melted chocolate is the most important part of making you want them :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...