Sunday, October 20, 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins



 

Muffins have to be large. So I took my ramekins and poured the batter into them instead of using standard muffin cups. 

I healthified these a little bit. I used spelt flour and instead of all-purpose flour. Of course, these would be awesome with all-purpose flour too. Then I only added a small amount of butter and sugar. But banana added the moisture and sweetness to these little cakes. 

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
 

50g butter, softened
90g white sugar
1 egg
1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
125g/1 cup spelt flour (or use all-purpose)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
90g dark chocolate chips or chunks

1) Preheat oven to 180°C.

2) Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, banana and vanilla extract.  

3) In another bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.

4) Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate.

5) Lightly grease 6 ramekins and fill them with batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the ramekins. You may serve these warm or cold. 

Recipe by collecting memories


8 comments:

  1. I really like the different shape the ramikens gave the muffins! Totally trying that next time. And they look so good, with their tender crumb, and chunks of chocolate - craving banana bread now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading you. In a million things, I'm sure we'll be very different. But sometimes, I read, and it's like: "That's me, not Gaby" :P

    I love XXL muffins. I read: "Fill muffins cups 2/3 or 3/4". And I think, noooo, just to the top!!!

    When I have leftover of dought, I also fill some ramekin, and that little cake or big muffin is the first I want to try!!
    You've gone to the next level, I see :P

    I like these muffins, and if you have not tried in muffin combination of banana, peanut butter and chocolate chips, give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's great, we have similarities! Though I don't understand what's written in you blog ;/ I like photos in your blog!
      I have tried banana/peanut butter/chocolate chip combination in no-bake oat bars, you know I love them! But in a muffin this combination should also be amazing. And yeeees, I'm always secretly happy when I have leftover dough, then I can bake it in a ramekin and eat straight from the oven! :D

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  4. The illuminati brotherhood is a secret society of wealthy and influential people all around the world And we have representatives every where, even in you country.  Anybody in any part of the world of any religion can be a full member of the illuminati brotherhood as long as you can complete the Molanter of genesis initiation process and become a full member of the fraternity then you will see the power of wealth and fame and famous rich $920,000. instantly you become a full member of the illuminati brotherhood. The Molanter initiation process will take just 3 days, and we are not against any religion or any country law. Immediately your initiation is completed you will see the power of the fraternity in your life contact via  +1 7175940987     email davidcastrocarlo@gmail.com               

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe because you've not met the right person to help you join Illuminati Brotherhood or you have the benefit of doubt that Illuminati Brotherhood is not real, hear me now, this testimony is for you.
    8 years ago, I happened to fall countless victim of scam but I didn't give up until luck may have it, I came across a genuine member of the Illuminati Brotherhood who assisted me through in the process of joining Illuminati brotherhood. I'm a proud member of the Illuminati Brotherhood and I'm also willing to render help to whosoever is willing to join the Illuminati Brotherhood. The good news is, Registration is free for new members that want to join.
    Do you desire to become a Warlock, Vampire or a werewolf then simply follow up with the contact info on this testimony because the Illuminati Organization is a Society that actualize it's members dreams and wishes no matter how impossible it sounds.
    Are you looking for fame, protection or wealth then do yourself good and join Illuminati Brotherhood so you can receive your benefits to build the life of your dream. Simply email churchofilluminatiinitiation@gmail.com. WHATSAPP/TEXT/CALL +1 (667) 666-4167
    Good luck as you apply to join the Illuminati Brotherhood free of charge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...